At this level, Blue Sky Academy continues our mission to educate a generation of independent, confident, curious, reflective, determined and responsible citizens who will seamlessly integrate into an ever more globalized world and be ready for future challenges.
These students will be equipped with excellent communication skills, will understand the importance of being proud to be Vietnamese citizen and have the confidence to integrate into the connected world.
At the Blue Sky Academy High School level, students have following options:
• International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
IGCSE: a popular qualification by Cambridge University.
Cambridge IGCSE is widely recognized by higher education institutions and employers around the world as evidence of academic achievement. It acts as an official pass for Vietnamese students to gain access to international education.
• Bilingual program: a 3-year program (Grade 10,11, and 12)
Bilingual Program at the High-school level
The program is a creative combination between the regulated courses by the Ministry of Education and Cambridge International Curriculum (CIE). In addition to the fundamental courses offered by Vietnamese education system, students will study English, Math, Science, IT and ICT which are standardized by Cambridge International Examinations. After finishing the program at BSA, students have opportunity to
• Continue International Foundation Year (Preparation for entrance into a university) at Blue Sky Academy or any of the 60 partner schools around the world.
• Transfer to a school in UK, the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore.
• Enter one of Vietnam’s best universities
Aside from fundamental subjects, students engage in personal development activities by participating in extracurricular activities to enhance their comprehensive growth.
Why parentsshould choose BSA
- Personalised learning approach and assessment: Personalised learning is at the heart of the British Vietnamese International School, Ho Chi Minh City. We treat your child as an individual by adapting to their personal learning preferences, strengths, and areas for growth. We focus on how your child develops; we recognise that every child is different but should be treated equally. Your child's teacher will plan personalised, engaging and inspiring learning experiences to allow your child to develop their interests and meet the curriculum objectives for their age.
- Our highly qualified and experienced teachers: We hand-select teachers with a strong background in British education and a track record of inspiring children to succeed, so that your child receives the best possible educational opportunities. All of our educators, international and Vietnamese, have teaching qualifications from leading educational institutions and undergo professional development in Vietnam and abroad. Our Vietnamese and international teachers collaborate closely in shared planning and cross-language topics to accelerate language acquisition in both English and Vietnamese for our students.
- Education beyond the classroom: Learning is a constant process that happens in the classroom and beyond. Children and parents love BSA because our extra curricular activities inspire confident, lifelong learning. BSA students have the opportunity to take part in residential excursions and day-trips, sports, performing arts, community service and a range of other academic or non-academic activities in Vietnam, across Asia and around the world.
- Exceptional facilities: Our campus was designed to nurture young minds and bodies, and to allow for creative freedom of thought and action.